About Me

My photo
East Coast, United States
I'm 14. I Like to play guitar, skateboard, and blog.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Menos el Oso

Band: Minus the Bear
Album: Menos el Oso
Genre: Indie
Out of 10: 9/10
Rating: SEC
Due to: Infrequent strong profanity



I'm a sucker for Independent music. A friend of mine had a brother who went on a boycott against mainstream music and as a result his brother and he started listening to more unconventional rough-sounding music. They showed me Arcade Fire's Neon Bible album and ever since that I was hooked. Minus the Bear's songs have blazing guitar riffs (even for a lighter alternative-sounding band), strange lyrics, and an unconventional use of time signatures. They're for the more adventurous listener. I, for one, love them very much.


Then we get to this part - the only problem I found on the disc was in "The Game Needed Me": "There's no mouth to trace its shape on you / but you seem to let it f--- you anyway." Yeah, probably best if you don't download that one.

Overall, though, the disc sounds great and lyrics are basically okay too . . . if you know which songs to choose from it.

No comments: