About Me

My photo
East Coast, United States
I'm 14. I Like to play guitar, skateboard, and blog.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

New: Secular Music from a Christian Perspective

Here at Griffin's Music Reviews I decided that we needed to branch out and review secular music and reveal what's great or not-so-great about secular releases. Due to the not-so-great part, Griffin's Music Reviews has come up with a rating system, which I will describe below:



NP - No Problems: There's nothing wrong with the disc or track at all. No profanity, drug references, or sexual lyrics.



MP - Minor Problems: There may be some minor language or sensual themes on the disc or track, but nothing too bad.



SEC - Some Explicit Content: If a disc has only a couple of scattered references to drug use, instances of intense or profane language, or sexual content, it will be rated SEC. If a track has more than one reference to drug use, instance of intense or profane language, or sexual content it will be labled EC, otherwise it will be labled SEC.



EC - Explicit Content: The disc or track contains repeated intense or profane language, drug references, or sexual lyrics.



O - Ouch!: 'Nuff said.



Still with me? Good. Now we can discuss the new "Due to" section. If a disc is rated MP or higher, the "Due to" section will tell you why it has been rated this way. Another new feature will be the "Secular" section. This is the easiest feature to understand. If a disc is a Christian disc, I will be sure to state it in this section. If the disc is a secular disc, then I will make note of that.

Okay, that just about sums it up, so keep a lookout for the new reviews. I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks!

Griff

No comments: